Ink Pen Drawing for Sale
Poseidon's Horse © 2013 Monica Gunderson - All Rights Reserved; Unauthorized Reproduction Prohibited
Ink Pen Drawing on Paper
Matted and ready to be framed.
Matted with acid-free white matting and foam core board backing.
Matted Size: 16 x 12 inches
The Story Behind the Art:
Poseidon's horse is a "hippocampus" which is a creature that is half horse and half fish. The ancient Greeks believed that the hippocampus pulled Poseidon's chariot which was constructed out of a giant sea shell. Poseidon was the god of the sea, rivers, earthquakes, floods, drought, and horses. It was believed that when cities had earthquakes and were submerged in water, such acts were caused by the anger of Poseidon and the pounding of the hippocampi hooves. Ancient sculptures and other illustrations can still be seen today such as the Tritons and winged hippocampi in the Trevi Fountain in Rome.
- Certificate of Authenticity with the Artist's signature included.
- No Returns Accepted, all Sales are Final
- Shipping and Handling will be added during checkout.
- All artwork is insured during shipping.
- Click Here for more information about shipping and handling.
- If you live in Modesto, California, or nearby we can schedule to pick up art instead of shipping. Message Me or email me through my Contact Page and I will be with you as soon as I can.
Monica Gunderson Fine Artist