Tears of Ra
Ink Pen Drawing for Sale
Tears of Ra © 2016 Monica Gunderson - All Rights Reserved; Unauthorized Reproduction Prohibited
Tears of Ra
Ink Pen Drawing on Paper
Size: 11 x 8.5 inches
The Story Behind the Art:
The story behind the drawing is based off of an ancient Egyptian myth of the origin story of the honey bee. According to ancient Egypt lore, the honey bee came from the tears of Ra. When Ra's tear drops would hit the sandy ground, honey bees emerged and they immediately began visiting nearby flowers and producing honey and honey comb. The ancient Egyptians were great bee keepers and had used the honey and the comb for medicinal, preservative, candles, sculpture, and they also had a deep spiritual connection with honey bees. In fact, in Lower Egypt one of the Pharaohs was titled as Bee King because that area was lush with vegetation and extensive cultivated lands which is a great place for bee-keeping, and yes there is even an Egyptian bee goddess.
View Pictures of Tears of Ra, Drawing in Progress.
- Certificate of Authenticity with the Artist's signature included.
- No Returns Accepted, all Sales are Final
- Shipping and Handling will be added during checkout.
- All artwork is insured during shipping.
- Click Here for more information about shipping and handling.
- If you live in Modesto, California, or nearby we can schedule to pick up art instead of shipping. Message Me or email me through my Contact Page and I will be with you as soon as I can.
Monica Gunderson Fine Artist